Choose the option that’s easiest for you.
Every gift helps.
Every gift helps.
VEC General Fund
Please donate to the Village Exchange Center, an organization that celebrates our diverse religious and cultural diversity through a multitude of empowering and inclusive programming. In addition to supporting our native programs, your donation enables community organizations, congregations and individuals to utilize a thriving community center for reduced prices for their respective events, programs and gatherings.
Low Wage COVID Relief Fund
In partnership with Tri-County Health VEC runs a Low Wage COVID Relief Fund to provide $1500 grants to low-income and low wage individuals that get COVID 19 but can’t afford to quarantine. We have provided 300 grants to-date with funds from Adams County and the Natural Helpers have screened each one of these individuals.
In partnership with the Aurora Chapter of the NAACP, a BIPOC Fund to support BIPOC businesses and individual community organizers that were impacted during COVID.
Vaccine Equity Fund
In August of 2021, VEC launched a Vaccine Equity Fund pilot to provide $250 to BIPOC Adams County residents who get a Vaccine at our Governor’s Equity Clinic.
A point of entrée for newcomers from all over the world, the Village Pantry provides fresh and varied foods to supplement families’ weekly groceries. VEC provides healthy and nutritious foods including fresh produce, dairy, and protein items that are part of our beneficiaries’ existing dietary preferences.
- Engages 670 families
- 82 volunteers speaking 21 different languages volunteer each week
- Partners with 15 organizations to distribute high-quality foods
- Provides multiple varieties of legumes and beans to beneficiaries
- Reaches individuals representing 32 countries of origin
Working to reduce food insecurity, the Farm grows organic produce that is culturally relevant to our beneficiaries. The Farm creates a space for youth and adult learning that bridges communities in a welcoming outdoor space.
- Distributes 50% of its produce to the Village Pantry; the remainder is distributed equally among partner organizations and small businesses
- Grows 30 varieties of vegetables and herbs in 2021
- Cultivates 7 distinct types of chiles, representing 4 countries’ cuisines
- Houses 30,000 honeybees in two new beehives
VEC trains leaders from the immigrant and refugee communities to act as community navigators and information resources to their communities.
- Graduates its 10th cohort in 2021
- Draws on adults representing three continents
- Offers 4 unique placement opportunities upon program graduation
- Reaches adults with degrees from Associate to Doctoral levels
Bilingual high school youth who wish to expand their skills and serve as mentors may become Natural Leaders after completing a 12-15-hour training.
- Speak 5 languages among our spring 2021 cohort: English, Spanish, Oromo, Amharic, and Kinyarwanda
- Aspire to be a lawyer, mechanic, dental hygienist, pharmacist, chemist, engineer, and artist/writer
- Host speakers and local officials, including 1 mayor (our own Mayor Mike Coffman)
Village Theater hosts diverse musical and theatrical events that enrich and engage youth and families in a variety of live programs and performances showcasing our diverse skills and cultures.
- Features 200 retractable stadium seats so everyone feels like theirs is the best seat in the house
- Encourages youth and adults alike to expand their worlds to include others in new ways
Encompasses the totality of Village Exchange Center’s vision, Community Cares bring together people across socio-economic, linguistic, national and faith backgrounds to work towards common objectives and goals.
Left Behind Workers Fund
In 2020, VEC, in partnership with Impact Charitable, Social Venture Partners and Left Behind Workers Fund grants $12.6MM in $1000 cash grants and up to $7500 in rental assistance to undocumented immigrants who lost their jobs during COVID.
-VEC’s Natural Helpers refer and screen their community members to provide over $640,000 to these individuals.