Are you a Natural Leader?
Natural Leader is a youth-centered program that engages high school sophomores & juniors in weekly workshops over the course of 2-3 months. Natural Leaders will learn cultural understanding, public speaking skills, preparing and applying for college, leadership training as well as civic engagement. In addition, program graduates will have the chance to earn APS Digital Badges.
This program strengthens the community by integrating youth into a strong, culturally competent peer network that values cultural differences and promotes cross-cultural understanding.
Natural Leaders Requirements:
- High school student entering 10th grade or 11th grade.
- History of being a youth who helps members of the various immigrant or refugee communities in his or her school/community.
- Bilingual, high proficiency in English and native language.
- Access to a computer or smartphone with an e-mail address that is checked regularly.
Natural Leaders Expectations:
- Complete the application process.
- Attend a 12-15 hour training program on Fridays.
- Participate in volunteer opportunities through the Village Exchange Center.
- Provide assistance and mentorship to immigrant or refugee youth in your school and community.
Make a Donation to Natural Leaders
Natural Leaders are bilingual high school youth who wish to expand their skills and serve as mentors may become Natural Leaders after completing a 12-15-hour training.
- Speak 5 languages among our spring 2021 cohort: English, Spanish, Oromo, Amharic, and Kinyarwanda
- Aspire to be a lawyer, mechanic, dental hygienist, pharmacist, chemist, engineer, and artist/writer
- Host speakers and local officials, including 1 mayor (our own Mayor Mike Coffman)